too sneaky for my own good...

Yep... after spending all of last night being increasingly frustated at having to spend a second week banging my head on the keyboard doing "grunt publishing" (or "bitch publishing as I referred to it at one point today)... and having spent my whole walk trying not to think about it at all, inbetween wishing I could get out of it, I came upon a plan...

Actually a fairly simple plan... I'd told them I wasn't available the week after next (Ma is off work that week, and I'm having my car serviced, so technically I'm busy one day out of the week, but they didn't need to know that)... so what if I'd "made a mistake" and confused my weeks...

I knew I would have to roll the plan into effect first thing... like right after I walked in... "Oh, by the way, mixed my weeks up"... something like that... in the mean time I had too much time on my hands to a) stress about whether I was going to actually do it or not and b) what I was going to try and do to placate them a little... in the end I decided that it was a) yes and b) try and get them another temp, because there is another... (sorry, bad Star Wars moment there)...

When I got into work the woman I report to was in a meeting, so I had to wait for her to get out, but when she was I put the master plan into effect... told her I mixed up my weeks, but I would talk to Online Services about getting them this other temp...

I even went up to Online Services to chat with them about getting the other temp in...

And then the woman that I was mostly cursing about yesterday came in, and we had a conversation about the stuff that I was bitching about yesterday, and suddenly everything seemed to make a lot more sense...

I pretty much got the first half of it finished today... I'll be spending all of tomorrow copying and pasting it over to the secondary location it needs to be in (which will mean a long and boring day)...

After all that plotting and scheming...

Although it has gotten me out of doing a third project of entirely "bitch publishing", which I really wasn't looking forward to, and the instructions for which made even less sense than the ones that got my panties in a bunch in the first place...

The scary thing is I can lie really convincingly through my teeth and be completely believable... I don't even bat an eyelid...

Isn't that one of the signs of being a sociopath?

Current Mood: too smart for my own good

1 comment:

Doug said...

You don't seem sociopathic to me! I wish I could lie a little better. I am horrible at it and lies always come back to haunt me.