ongoing hair adventures

You know, it's been two whole months since I last had my hair done! And if I'm being completely honest, it had actually started looking a little ratty around the edges before I went off to work for a week, but I figured that if I could actually wait the extra week, then I could afford to have it coloured and cut...

I was originally hoping I could go tomorrow morning, but when I went in to book last week, some rude person had already booked my hairdressing girly, Tink, for first thing Saturday, so I had to settle for first thing this morning.

As usual this morning, the walk came first, and I got home around 8:10, jumped in the shower, and to my horror, when I jumped out of the shower again it was smack on 8:30... which was the time I wanted to leave and catch the bus into the city. So I dressed at turbo speed and took off to catch the bus. Luckily one rocked up just after I got to the stop, and I was actually in the city with 10 mintues to spare (just enough time to go and grab an Iced Coffee) before my 9am appointment. Phew...

Turns out I wasn't the only one running almost nearly late... when I got to the hairdressers, the door was open, but there was nobody around, and the door buzzer thing didn't go off when I went inside... I called out hello, and eventually Tink appeared from the basement... she'd gotten in a little later than usual, and it turned out that at least three of the other staff were going to be off, and, like me, she hadn't even had time for breakfast...

It was nice having the place to ourselves for a bit (even if she did have to keep stopping to answer the phone)... but being that it was a weekday morning, when the other customers did start to come in, they were mostly little old ladies having their weekly perm or whatever...

Anyway, when Tink asked what we were doing, I told her that we were pretty much going with the same cut and colour as we have in previous sessions, but that I wanted to try going a little lighter with the colour... but not a lot... just something subtle... she suggested we get rid of the half 6%, and go with with half 9A half 510, 9% developer... which I decided sounded like a plan... and I also asked her to make the cut a little more textured, which she did.

The colour didn't turn out half bad actually, it's a little lighter than I expected, but it almost exactly matches my very pale eyebrows, so it still looks natural, which has always been the point.

And while my colour was doing it's thing, Tink was chatting to the little old lady next to me, and I found out that she's leaving for at least three months, possibly for good... grrrr... and just when I had her trained to do my hair the way I like. That seems to happen with me and hairdressers all the time... in fact, the last time it happened, when Rachael went to Scotland, that's when I got Tink... looks like I'll be going back to Rachael, at least until she has her baby... and hopefully, if Tink is coming back, she'll be back when Rachael does go on maternity leave...

Current Mood: new hair... yaaay

No comments: