oh for the love of benji...

RAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHH!

Now I remember why I didn't really want to go back to working in that building again... I have far too much freakin history with their web publishing, not to mention the fact that I hate to see things looking like crap from a design or structural standpoint... all of which adds up to mean that I just can't do a totally halfassed job... even if all they've asked me to do is said halfassed job... I can't do it... I just can't...

Add to that the fact that as a general rule, the reason they have people like me come in to do their web publishing is mostly because they're too clueless to do it themselves... which means for the most part that not only are they clueless about what they need to provide me with to make my life and my time with them easier, but they also have no idea about how to structure their information.

Unfortunately, I didn't think this was going to be the case given what I was doing on Monday and Tuesday... those two days were pretty much a walk in the park... clear instructions, fairly good existing structure, some "garbage code" but that was all easily fixed, and I have no problem with fixing that kind of stuff it it all has a purpose.

Today however was so very much an exercise in frustration... I really wanted to bang my head on the desk more than once, and ended up leaving half an hour early to keep from throwing a screaming hissy fit and storming out...

And the really fucked up thing is that I've agreed to do a second week there... to get everything done that they want me to get done, I probably will have to... although if I can't work out a way to either simplify what I have to do or get them to give me better instructions, I don't know if I really want to come back and do the second week.

Part of the problem is I'm really not a huge fan of doing publishing grunt work... yes, I know this is why they employed me, but when the stuff is either so messed up like the stuff I'm dealing with at the moment is, then I lose interest in it REAL fast...

Urgh...

Current Mood: cranky

1 comment:

Bodhi said...

Yani, sweetie darling sweetie, I have a quick question to ask of vous, if I may? Sit back. Relax. Trust me, this will be painless ...

Deep breath ... m'kay ...

What's your source, inspiration so to speak, for your often quoted "oh for the love of Benji"? I mean its adorable, tis, but I am just curious. Who is this Benji? And why do you so love him?

Personally, as an example, moi is fond of "oh my Brad". Being Buddhist, and not believing in God, denies one in all sincerity to say "oh my god". And His Brad-leyness, Mr Pitt, has long been my boy (not to mention my future husband, but I digress ...). So, like, voila! That's where moi's little phrase came from.

Soooo, care to share, sweetness?