oh for the love of benji... reprise

oh for the love of benjiBodhi asked about Benji...

What's your source, inspiration so to speak, for your often quoted "oh for the love of Benji"? I mean its adorable, tis, but I am just curious. Who is this Benji? And why do you so love him?

Well... I think I might have mentioned this is a comment on someone else's blog, but the line comes directly from Futurama... Season Three, Episode 18, Anthology of Interest Part II to be exact (although it aired as part of Season 4)...

And Leela has a line in the third part of the episode which is "Oh, for the love of Benji"... expressing exhasperation with one of the other characters... and poking him squarely in both eyes (see, there's a picture and everything).

As for Benji... I can only assume that Benji is, well, Benji...

I've used various variations of a similar line for a long while... I used to say "Oh, for the love of little brown babies", which is, I think, a bastardisation of a line from Murder on the Orient Express.

The short answer is... I'm odd...

Current Mood: my last day of work... yaaay

4 comments:

Bodhi said...

Futurama, huh? Now that was something I would never have been able to guess, unlike the somewhat more obvious link to Benji the dog and that movie.

Personally, my mind went immediately to the likes of Benji Marshall, the damn hawt 21 year old NZ born player for the West Tigers rugby league team, but thats just moi.

And no, not at all odd Yani. Oh for the love of Benji (hmmmm, footie shorts ... *shakes head*), I still think its quite adorable.

Sunshine said...

We know. ;) *duck*

yani said...

Bodhi, that is indeed just you... not only is it thugby, but its sport in general... so I have NO idea who you're on about, and I also don't know that I care :P

And Sunshine... *SLAP*

Bodhi said...

Oh I'm with you on the thugby and sports in general thing, Yani. I don't follow any of it myself, I can assure you. The only 'interest' moi has in sport is how cute some of the players look on, or especially off, the field.

You can call me shallow if you like, but I say came on in ... wade with me .... hmmm, the water is nice and warm ;-)