new phone

new phone, new phone... i have the black one on the right*does the new phone dance*.... New phone, new phone, new phone, new phone...

What a day though...

I dropped my car off for it's six monthly service at 9am, Ma picked me up at the dealership, we swung back past my place briefly, then went off for our second visit to Ikea... it scared me less this time, mostly because there were a metric ton less people (although there was still a small crowd around the doors before the store even opened at 10am), and we actually got into the restaurant (since we went there as soon as the store opened)... I tried Princess Cake... it's very green and mostly seems to be cream/fluff... interesting, but not the best thing I've ever eaten... wandered around randomly for about two and a half hours and came out with a $3 bowl and a pair of $1 bookends (although truthfully we really went there so that Ma could get the measurements for a kitchen bench she wants to buy)... so still a little scary...

Then we headed into town, picked up my order of The Breakfast Club and Weird Science from EzyDVD (woohoo... 80's flashbacks and Ilan Mitchell-Smith in his underpants), before heading down to Optus World to take a look at new mobiles since we were both pretty sure our contracts should have expired (and in the past the nice folks from Optus had actually contacted us about new phone, but this time, nothing). Turns out our contracts had expired last year, so we were definately due for new phones. After chatting with the perky Asian girl in the store we both decided to get the same phone (at least that way when Ma goes "How do I make my phone...?" I've got a running head start on the answer)... the Nokia 6280!

Sliding keypad, large colour display, 2 megapixel camera with 8x digital zoom, music player and radio and Bluetooth connectivity... woo-freakin-hoo!

It's a cute little thing (it's the black version, like on the right of the picture), now I just have to work out how to use all the bells and whistles.

Anyway, after "impulse buying" the phones, we came home and played with them for a bit, before I made some dinner, then Ma dropped me off at the dealership to pick up my car and we both took off for our respective homes...

Current Mood: *new phone dance*

No comments: