montage monday: city

city 2006Well, not suprisingly, this week's Monday Montage, like last week's Photo Friday, was taken during my time in the city... actually during my lunchbreaks mostly, and is the buildings in and around where I was working.

After last Monday's day off from my walk, I did manage to get my walk in for the rest of the week... but because I was setting off at 6am, it was actually still pretty much pitch black outside, so that was a little odd to say the least. By the time I was getting back it was around the same time I would normally have been setting off though, so that was okay. I did however get rained on at least twice, which was less fun, but I kept going anyway, what's a little rain really...

Last week was just generally odd though... I didn't really get in the routine groove like I have done before when I've been working. Maybe it was because I had the additional task of walking, which chewed up the available time in the mornings, but I felt like I was playing catch up all week, trying to get everything done here.

On Thursday night I looked at some new dress pants... after last week's "clown pants" I just had to, there is no way I could keep on wearing them. Unfortunately, the only decent pants with a flat rather than a pleated front (which just don't work on me, even though it's what I've been wearing) were horrible static-y fabric with weird pocket shapes (high and towards the front of the pants instead of low and on the side seams)... they were pretty much what I would call "gay dress pants"... they just had that look about them. Suffice to say, I didn't end up getting them... but hopefully I can find a similar pair in a better material before I work next... either that or it's Static City for me...

To keep all the drama in my life up to date, I messaged Marc on Friday like I said I would... he called me later in the evening when he'd finished work, it's good actually, without actually asking him to, I've gotten him to call me three times now, twice with online messages, once with a text message. Anyway he passed on my offer to come and see me on Saturday for some playtime... which, I have to admit, wasn't unexpected... I think he does want to spend some playtime with me, but it's possible that he wants to do it in a "controlled" fashion, at least the first time, so that he has an "out" if he needs one as far as time goes. I could be totally wrong about that, but I doubt it... even if he's not really aware of it himself. He mentioned coming to see me one day, possibly this week, in the morning before work, which would give us a window of 7-9am (and also mean I would need to walk before or after, or else take a second day off, shock horror), but he said he would call me either today or tomorrow, so we'll have to wait and see what happens... still...

Urgh... it's so grey and wet outside at the moment, especially since the forecast on the radio this morning said it was going to be 27°C... at the moment it doesn't look that way at all. It's been really cold and wet for all of the weekend actually... it rained pretty much non stop for most of Saturday night, and we even briefly had very small hail on Sunday morning... brrrr... winter is definitely on it's way!

Crap... it's Camera Club tomorrow and I'm so not prepared... I need to go through the few remaining photos I have and see what I'm going to enter...

Oh a positive note, J comes back to Adelaide in 11 days... yaaaaay! Then his boy, D, turns up about a week or so later and they stay until the end of June I think. I was chatting with him this morning, and I offered to pick him up from the airport if he needs me to... I'm guessing some member of his family with the capacity to drive will be taking the day off to go get him, but you never know.

It's weird how stuff happens in groups... after last week's Random Hotness starring the Naked Cowboy, I got a hot image of him with a bunch of other half naked guys in my email and was thinking about posting it... and then I found the same image on OPIEblue.

And since the final word in my Monday Musings for the past couple of weeks has been Big Brother related, I had to keep up the theme... luckily I'm not the only one interested in naked past and present Big Brother Boys... there are a ton of images over at All Aussie Beef. Enjoy!

Current Mood: even if it is really miserable outside, i'm doing okay

No comments: