it's been a while...

It has officially been a while since I was working... the last time was the middle of November last year would you believe...

So, in that general tradition, some salient facts from today...
  • When I put my dress pants on this morning, having not worn them since the aforementioned last working day, I discovered that they had somehow morphed into slightly clown pants... I have definately lost a whole pants size, as I noticed with my jeans on the weekend... but while my dress pants are the same size as my old jeans, I think they're cut larger because they don't stretch like denim... so when I put them on I almost felt like the "after" photo in a weight loss ad for a second... hence, when I do start working again, I really need new dress pants.
  • On a related topic, although I know the clown pants weren't helping, I have to say that I never feel stylish in my work clothes... even when I bothered wearing a tie... I'm not one of those people who looks good in a suit, I'm just not... I'm a born casual boy... jeans all the way for me.
  • While I was waiting for the woman who was "in charge" of me today (it ended up being about 20 mintues before I got to a desk and actually started working, but I'm not complaining... I'll be charging them for it) I happened to notice a poster on the wall by reception... for a "Writing for the Web" course... now, back when I used to work with the folks in Online Services, we discussed running those kinds of courses... like a year and a half ago... nice to know they've finally caught up... I also can't remember who's idea it originally was to get someone to do those kind of courses... possibly mine...
  • One bonus about the Education Department building is that all the floors are tricked out with EXACTLY the same floor plan, right down to signage, desk placement, the whole nine yards... as a bonus, because I've been working in that building for what feels like 100 billion years, even when I've never worked on a particular floor before (and I think I'm getting close to running out of floors), I can always find my way around... scary, but useful.
That's about it really... work was slightly repetetive, slightly mindnumbing, and technically almost something I could have done from here... as I predicted, sitting in someone else's chair for a week isn't going to be any fun as far as my back is concerned...

Hopefully tomorrow I can actually get the whole walk thing happening before work, not sure if it will give me more or less energy for the day ahead, but this is, I think, the first time since October last year that I haven't walked... so definately have to walk tomorrow...

Current Mood: tired and sore

1 comment:

Doug said...

I am trying to be better at walking every day too, but had an off week and haven't been going anywhere. Congrats on your weight loss! It can be a pain in the neck.