photo friday: autumn colour

autumn colour 2006Since Autumn has definately hit with a vengance around my neck of the woods (unlike some people who are enjoying the balmy warmth of an Indian Summer), I decided it was probably time to start documenting the change of seasons.

I took this on my walk a couple of days ago... every time I go past it, it just jumps out at me, but I don't know if the photo actually does it justice. I just love all the different coloured leaves on the blanket of green... dunno why, it just really appeals.

Current Mood: okay, but a little chilly

4 comments:

Sunshine said...

I've read A Boy's Own Story. It's pretty good. I've also read This Beautiful Room is Empty by Edmund White as well. I think it's the sequel to A Boy's Own Story. :)

yani said...

I have to say, I'm not really lovin it... I'm about halfway through, there's not really any actual story and I have this overwhelming desire to bitchslap the narrator/main character...

This is what happens when you go through a bunch of books that you own but have never actually read and think "I really should read that all the way through"...

*rolls eyes*

Anonymous said...

Here in Chicago, spring is hitting its stride. The trees are that new growth chartreuse, or if they are flowering, those are just starting. Plus the tulips, daffodils, hyacinths, etc. Wish I had the eye you do for photography so I could share with you all. Love your photography.

Sunshine said...

I think it's one of those books which is not big on the story but big on the characterisation. You're suppose to live through the vivid emotional trauma with him more than find out what events would unfold. Yep, could be frustrating depending on your state of mind. :P