more monday musings

Mmmmm... Weetbix with hot milk... the winter breakfast of champions... and my childhood... hot, sticky, gluey, mushy mess that it is... (the Weetbix, not my childhood)

There's no Monday Montage this week... not only did I not have anything prepared, but when I went for my walk this morning with the full intention of either finishing up a montage that I'm working on, or else just taking a random shot like I did the last time I didn't have a montage... but alas, when I fired up the camera towards the beginning of the walk... "Warning Battery Exhausted"... stoopid thing... it's been threatening to go flat for the last couple of weeks, but like with all things electronic, it waits until it's actually needed...

When I was whinging on Saturday, I said that my back was playing up... it's still not right... and I had a slight panic on Sunday morning when I woke up and found that I was having trouble even getting out of bed, and once I was up, neither standing straight or sitting or anything could be done without pain... I had visions of spending the whole of Sunday in the emergency room (which I've done before, but for other, slightly more pressing things like swollen knees and dislocated shoulders)... but it was still really early, and I figured there was no point in panicking that early, so I parked myself in front of the computer, sitting up as straight and in as painless a position as possible, while I went through my Blogroll and other things. When I finally stood up maybe an hour and a half later, like magic my back was better... not fixed... but better, I could at least stand up without pain.

This morning wasn't as bad as Sunday, but it wasn't perfect... but hopefully I think going out and doing my walk will help get any last kinks out of my back *crosses fingers*... We'll see I guess...

Part of the reason I'm kinda stressing about it (other than the fact its a literal and figurative pain) is that I'm working next week, and spending a whole week doing pretty much nothing but sitting in someone else's computer chair never does wonders for my back, so it would be nice to start with it in a halfway decent condition.

Because tomorrow is Anzac Day, Ma decided to take today off and have another four day weekend (after Easter last week), and we've decided to go and check out Adelaide's brand new Ikea store... which should be either interesting, amusing or just plain scary... hopefully a ton of other people haven't also decided to go for the four day weekend and a visit to the land of blonde Swedish furniture...

I had another little bout of Melbourne-nostalgia yesterday watching a documentary about street art (graffiti, stencil art, stickers) in Melbourne... it made me almost want to move to Melbourne so I would be able to photograph a lot of the really cool stuff that they were showing... a lot of the stuff that was actually "art" was really really good and definitely worth photographing...

Oh, speaking of teevee, Australia's latest season of Big Brother started last night... now, I mentioned at the end of last year's season that I'd kind of been hooked the last three years, but I have to say I don't think I'll be going out of my way to watch it this year... yes, I will probably watch a bunch of it, but where if conflicts with other things I'll probably pass... like last night, I watched the first half of the two hour meet and greet, then flicked over and watched CSI instead. Part of the reason I don't know how fussed I am is that they didn't learn their lesson from last year, and the house is full of supposedly beautiful people again... there's a former international model, an exotic dancer, a personal trainer... and that's just the men... but to be honest there wasn't one of them that I thought, "Hey, you seem like a nice person"... they seemed to be a lot like last year, completely self absorbed... which is probably a prerequisite for auditioning for the show in the first place, but I'm still over it... and they haven't even bothered to add a gayboy to the mix the last three years (at least I don't think they have this year, nobody seemed gay from what I saw)...

Like I said before, my favourite season was Season Three, where they actually had real people (and some of them even managed to be beautiful)... and they can't even say that that was a boring season... that was the first time anywhere in the world that somebody voluntarily left the Big Brother House... that place was dripping with drama... ah well...

Current Mood: smile

1 comment:

thehenryspencer said...

Streetart from Brussels, Amsterdam, Ljubljana, Kiev, Budapest, Paris, Krakow, Düsseldorf... :
www.thehenryspencer.blogspot.com