coffee with marc

ahhh latteI now officially do not know where I'm at...

I had coffee with Marc... it was pleasant... we chatted for about an hour and a half... mostly about random stuff, work related stuff... his work, some stuff about places I used to work... it was all pretty freakin random...

We met at the assigned spot at the assigned time... went in search of a mail box so I could post something... then went to grab a coffee... and because it's the first cafe you get to on Rundle Street and because I've lived out too many major scenes, good and bad, in my life in there, we went to the same cafe that I first had a meal and a conversation with Lownee...

He paid for coffee... not sure if that's because he remembered I said I was broke, or if that's just the kind of guy he is... but I just went with it and let him buy me a latte (he did ask initially if I wanted a cappuccino, and I did have a very snobbish thought process for a moment, and the thought did run through my head... what do I look like, a peasant?... but I just told him I'd have a latte and that was that)... and then we sat out on the sidewalk all al fresco like (which was pleasant, because it was actually a fairly nice afternoon/evening), and like I said, talked about fairly random crap... there wasn't even a chance for me to be overly blunt boy... whether by design (on his part) or if it was just the way the conversation developed.

It was odd... it was a very "new friend" conversation... and decidedly lacking in sexual tension... but whether that was because we've already gone past that point, or whether it was just because of way the conversation went, I don't know... I mean, I was even wearing "good" underwear, just in case it came to that... but it didn't... I can't even say I'm that disappointed that it didn't... I mean it would have been nice, but m'eh...

However, he did walk me to my car, whatever that means... and he did say that I knew where to find him on Saturday... but I have no intention of going, even if I could afford it, which I can't... that was the whole purpose of seeing him outside of the sauna environment... to actually see him outside of that environment, which comes with the added bonus of not having to watch him having sex with other people... which, theoretically I shouldn't have a problem with... but in practice, I kind of like less.

So I still don't know what I want, and I don't even know what he wants, which might help me work out what I want...

I think after I've done that week of work next week, I'll text message him and ask he wants to come over here to chat and "play"... see what he says... can't hurt right?

As a quick side note, when did Adelaide suddenly get a large population of punky, gothy, tattooed, emo-eske, teenaged sideshow freaks? There just seemed to be 100 billion of them go past us as we sat outside the cafe... even though there were a bunch of the same ones that seemed to go past us three or four times...

Very strange...

Current Mood: caffinated and confused

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Hmm, I like cappuccino. Well, skinnycino usually. Yay, I'm a peasant, I'm a peasant!!! :P