montage monday: blue

blue 2006This is the last of the Monday Montage Colour Themes... Red and Yellow and Pink and Green, (I already did) Purple and Orange and last but not least, Blue. I have no idea what, if anything I'm going to do for next Monday... we'll have to see...

I'm in a weird kind of mood at the moment... possibly because it's my birthday tomorrow, and that always gets me musing on things.... Ma is coming down at about 10:30 for my pre-Birthday Birthday... I still have NO idea what we're going to do, or even where we're going to go for lunch... the weather is cool but it could rain, and I don't know that I want to go tromping about the place, plus it's a public holiday, so everything is shut.

On my 30th Birthday Ma and I went down to Glenelg (ie, the beach) and had Oysters Kilpatrick (amongst other things) down by the Bay, and I got a temporary henna tattoo on my forearm... this bigass curvy tribal thing... but me being me, it faded after like three days instead of the promised week and a bit... It was also a bit of a mixed blessing birthday, since all the people who I expected to either phone or text me to wish me a Happy Birthday didn't, but a bunch of people who I DIDN'T expect it from did it instead.

Last year I don't remember what I did with Ma on the weekend for my pre-Birthday, but I know that on the actual day my buddy J came over and gave me a beautiful carved wooden Laughing Buddha statue (who actually isn't Buddha at all) and we hung out watching Mythbusters, as we always did on a Monday evening... I can't for the life of me remember what we did for dinner though... maybe I cooked, maybe we got takeout...

This year I'll be spending my actual Birthday at Camera Club... haven't decided if that's a good thing or not yet...

One of the things my birthday always gets me thinking about (at least in recent years) is Amelia and Fiona... or, more accurately, their birthdays (or should that be two things)... Amelia and Fiona were in my junior primary classes with me (Fiona ended up being in the same schools up until high school, whereas Amelia moved away to Victoria)... Amelia's birthday is today, the 13th, mine is tomorrow, the 14th and Fiona's is Wednesday, the 15th. It was like being between two very lovely brackets. To be honest I hadn't thought about either of them in years, Ma had seen Fiona a few times in the bank (where Fiona worked), but never around my birthday. Then four or five years ago, just after I'd turned either 27 or 28, and I could see 30 staring down at me from on high, Amelia came to mind really really strongly, and I had this urge to track her down. Not to contact her, just to know that she was still in the world. I ended up finding her on one of those "old school friend" websites... although it took some doing, since she was married and had never listed my junior primary on her list of schools. It does mean though, that I think of her again around my birthday.

The other weird childhood memory that keeps floating around in my brain lately is possibly even stranger, and I have no idea WHY it keeps floating around, although maybe its all the walking... I was never an "athletic" kid... I hated sports, dreaded Sports Days... the whole deal... but every year when I was in primary school we had tryouts for the interschool athletics competition... it had it's own name, but I don't remember what it was... anyway, one year, when I was probably around 10 I guess, we were doing these tryouts, and we were doing some sort of short dash/sprint thing... probably like the 50m sprint or something... and for reasons that I no longer remember... either somebody gave me crap about my chances, or I just got bored with being expected to fail, I don't know... but I just decided to go flat out and see what happened. And I did... I went full speed, surprised even myself, and came either third or fourth... but I was nearly neck and neck with the kid who came in in front of me... the only problem was that whatever place I came in was one less place than the people who got on the team (I'm pretty sure I came fourth and the first three went off to the competition)... I never bothered again... But while this little thought has been wandering around my brain I have wondered how or if my life would have ended up differently had I come in the first three...

Further weirdness came from another one of my odd pseudo dreams on Saturday morning... I don't remember all of it, only that I was at some kind of boot camp (but without the actual army thing), along with Anthony Callea and a ton of other people... the "drill sergeant" person was testing everyone by throwing one of their personal items into a shallow section of ocean right next to the jetty type thing this boot camp was being run on... I remember that Anthony was there because his personal item was a beautiful SRL digital camera that the sergeant took apart and threw into the ocean in pieces... and my personal item? Turns out the thing I treasured most was a six pack of cans of Guinness... I have no idea what that was about...

Slightly more contemporary (and non-dream related) news now... when I checked my stats on Friday, there was a massive jump on Thursday up to over 230 pageviews... so I swung straight to the "Coming From" links... turns out it was because of my inclusion of Brent Corrigan in Random Hotness... Brent added both a link to the Random Hotness post as well as a link to my blog in his blogroll... and since then I've been averaging over 120 pageview a day... Cheers Brent!

I haven't heard back from the Stamp Man either... like I mentioned in last week's Monday Musings, I took my stamps in to sell, and he said I would have to leave them with him so they could work out what they were worth (which will pretty much just mean adding up the postage)... he said it would take a couple of days, so I expected to hear back before Friday... I'll have to call him tomorrow... he was kind of weird (even within the already defined weirdness of "works in a stamp shop")... he had two thumbs... on the one hand... his right thumb (I think) was actually split into two baby thumbs... it was so very weird and creepy and it was very hard not to stare at it...

Current Mood: just strange

No comments: