glitter template

glitter 2006Yes, it's the first of the month, so it's time for a new template!

After the slightly over the top Faerie template, I figured something more subtle and understated was called for. This is actually my glitter lamp (like a lava lamp, but with glitter instead of "lava")... and it was a Christmas gift about three years ago. It was one of those gifts that you open and just go "oh...", I wasn't completely sure what to think... although I wasn't overly surprised, since it was a gift from my cousin and she doesn't seem to ever have the least clue what to buy me.

The lamp started out as blue... which was actually kind of cool when it was working, you got this whole undersea vibe from it, but over time, and for no reason I can think of, the liquid changed from blue to pinky purple, which is fine with me, because I prefer pinky purple to blue. I just wish I knew WHY it changed colour... whether it was a reaction between the liquid and the light (which seems a little strange for something designed as part of a lamp), or what...

Anyway, it's... yani.glitter!

Current Mood: still a little tired, but okay

3 comments:

Larry said...

I have never owned a lava lamp, and it really surprises me. I like them quite a bit.

I like your new template!

Unknown said...

I miss the fairy.

affru

Bodhi said...

Lovin' the new template, Yani. Tres-fab and sparkly.

MWAH! and

Happy Mardi Gras!

Bodhi :-)
Sydney