further hair adventures

Yep... it's been a while, but I have new hair... yaaaay!

I pretty much followed the same formula as last time, appointment at 9am, went into town around 8:30, grabbed some breakfast, then wandered down to the salon... only this time, the very cheap and very lovely 20c carparks were all full, so I had to park in one of the multistoreys. The plus side to that is that at 8:30 in the morning on a Saturday, you can pretty much park wherever you damn well like...

I got to the salon just as Tink was opening up which meant I didn't have to lurk around outside looking shifty again... always a bonus...

We basically did the same thing with my hair that we did last time... similar cut, although I asked her to go a little more texturey on top, which I think she did... I wasn't really paying attention at the time since we were chatting about Skyshow and movies we'd both seen and the zoo, amongst other things.

Once she'd done the cut, we went with the same colour again (the four halved, half 9A half 510, half 6% and half 9% one... which she explained to me that two of them are colour and two of them are developer, hence the four halves)... and again I got her to do the "reverse streaks", stripping the colour off in various places... although this time I got her to do it right after she'd put the colour on, thinking that she wouldn't actually get it all off, so my hair would still lighten a little, but it would have some variation... which I think it does... either that or it's just the differences between the bits with more product and less product...

When Tink was doing the conditioner massage thing that I love so very much once my colour was finished, Ma called me to check up whether I was done, since we were going to do a little shopping before it got too hot. I got home about five minutes before she got here and we went off to grab a few bits and pieces at the shops. I'm seeing her on Monday for my pre-Birthday Birthday (since I have Camera Club on Tuesday and Monday is a public holiday here... Adelaide Cup Day... yes, we have a day off for a dumbass horse racing carnival thingy)... so she didn't hang around for too long...

So, yeah... that was my Saturday morning... now I just have to try and stay out of the heat for the rest of the day...

Current Mood: still feeling a little odd... maybe it's pre birthday jitters?

No comments: