yaniblog wallpapers

wallpaper © yaniboyI'm not even going to pretend this is an original idea...

I noticed the other day when I visited Rico over at filthygorgeous that he'd created (well, either him, or webmaster Kahil) a Desktop Image image on the sidebar of his blog... and at roughly the same time, when I happened to look at my desktop, I realised that Webshots had thrown up this bee image that I took (and then added to my Webshots galleries and forgot about) onto my desktop.

So I'm looking at it and thinking "Damn that's a good image... and that bee is like pin sharp! Hmmmm..."

And my "Hmmmm's" are always dangerous, especially the ones that lead to much Photoshopping... before I knew it I had about eight different wallpapers done... (actually the hard part was working out how to do the little "yaniblog" logo thing in the top corner... after that they were really easy to make).

Which means that you too can now have an original yaniblog desktop image/wallpaper for your computer! It's right there in the right hand column between the "more about me" section and my blogroll... I'm not sure that it's going to show up on individual archive pages, so you'll probably have to go back to the homepage...

I don't know how often I'll change the image, basically whenever I get bored with one I guess, and there probably won't be any repeats. The wallpaper is also 1024 x 768 for two reasons... firstly because according to StatCounter, about 50% of the people that use my blog have their screens set at 1024, and secondly it's what I use... so ner!

Also the image doesn't seem to lose that much detail when it gets stretched, so you people who live with hugely enormous monitors can just stretch it and live with the results!

EDIT: All the photos I will be using, including this one, have been taken by me, and therefore © yaniboy 2006, all rights reserved... *grin*

Current Mood: all creative-like

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

like the picture! did u take it yourself?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Rico had taken that picture and as a surprise for him I resized it to the different sizes and put up links for the desktop images.

That's a good bee pic there bud, I took and posted a couple myself...