valentine's camera club

february competition entriesAnyone who's been paying attention to my blog should probably have worked out by now that I have a temper... although maybe not, because I'm not sure I've actually let it out to play and then blogged about it... and if I have I don't remember. Anyway, he lurks in the back of my brain, all loud voice and claws and teeth, and only very occasionally does he get let out... which is usually a good thing.

I know what you're all thinking, you're thinking that this is another diatribe about crappy Camera Club judges... but no... this is a diatribe about dumbass Camera Club members... or the committee in general, or more specifically the Prints Secretary (ie the guy who takes the information about the prints)... he's just one of those people who rub me completely and totally the wrong way.

Tonight was no exception... Suddenly, out of nowhere there was a new rule about only being allowed to enter two images in each category instead of the previous three... which is total and complete crap, firstly because this IDEA was only discussed briefly at the AGM, and secondly it hasn't been announced anywhere verbally... supposedly it was in this year's program, but who reads the fine print, I mean really... if you're going to change the rules like that I would expect that you made sure everyone knew about it. So basically I told him that I thought it was crap, and that I was putting all six of my entries in anyway.... and he just kept doing whatever it is he does to rub me the wrong way (which I think is that he just doesn't listen and is stubborn)... which is when my temper got let off it's leash... and I pretty much threw a tantrum... okay, not the most mature moment of my life, but hey...

Of course other members felt they needed to either try and shush me (which is NEVER ever the right thing to do when I'm venting, it just makes me madder) or give me that whole "we're all adults here blah blah blah" speech while I stood there fighting the urge to just punch the dude...

In the end I spoke to Daniel, the club president and he was under the impression that the rule would only come into effect from today when he mentioned it to everyone.

Stoopid dumbass Prints Secretary...

Anyway, all six of my entries stayed in (like I was going to take any of them out) and I calmed down a little... although I did then just avoid the people who had ticked me off.

The judge was the female judge from last year's portrait competition... and she was a little more coherent this time around, which was good, given last time's performance. Stu, Mikey, Cat and I all sat at the back and made smartass comments under our breath most of the way through, which is a change, because we usually sit up the front and make smartass comments.

I ended up with two 8's (Bridge over the Yarra, center top and Samuel, top left), while the other four entries (Classical, center... Doorway, middle right... Little Birdie, bottom left... and Torso, center bottom) all scored 7's... which is fine because I can enter three out of the four again.

Normally the first competition of the year is jam packed with entries, but I'm not sure whether it was this fictitious "two prints" rule, or the fact that it was Valentine's Day, or what, but there weren't that many entries. Probably a combination of the two to be honest.

We went for coffee afterwards, and I had a Lipton's Green Iced Tea, which is fast becoming my drink of choice when I'm out and about. While we were in the cafe there was this EXQUISITE blonde boy with very close shaven hair... he was just breathtaking... I'm sure he knew I was staring at him, but hey, what do I care.

As we left the cafe and we headed back to the clubrooms so they could get their cars and I could take my regular shortcut home, we were waiting at the traffic lights and I looked across as the guy waiting to cross the opposite way and I nearly fell over laughing... my comment to the others was "Could he BE more gay?"... the guy was wearing a pale, pale, pale pink polo shirt (and under the street lights it looked almost white), white pants and white thongs... he was also holding the leash for a miniature grey poodle... except there was a woman with him... who was holding the leash of an identical white poodle... and they were obviously together (unless she was a particularly frisky kind of faghag)... I couldn't help but comment that he wasn't holding the leash of the poodle who matched his outfit... and wondered whether just before he left the house he picked up the white poodle, looked at himself in the mirror and thought "This white poodle makes my outfit look gay".... No dude... your outfit makes your outfit look gay...

Stoopid dumbass metrosexuals...

And sitting in those really uncomfortable "church hall chairs" for three hours hasn't done my back any favours after Saturday's misadventures... so I need to roll myself off my chair and into bed...

Current Mood: Ow... back pain... ow

No comments: