montage monday: boys of summer

boys of summer 2006Something slightly different for today's Monday Montage... these are the shots of random beach guys that I mentioned after Tuesday's Camera Club beach shoot. My shots of the models weren't all that inspiring, since I wasn't really inspired by said models (one of whom is the top row, center), so I'll post all the other guys that were wandering around the beach at the time... or stopping to ogle our female models, like the two guys in the center row left were. I have no idea what the guys in the white shirts were doing... they had a laptop with them but they were down at the beach eating chips and being all "dot com".

In other Monday Musings...

I think the whole walking thing is actually having an effect... my jeans keep sliding down and I have to keep stopping to hike them back up again (at least in the house when I'm not wearing a belt)... it even happened on Saturday when I put on a pair of freshly laundered jeans, which are usually tighter than jeans that have relaxed a little with wear. This is definitely good... although I have to admit that the last time I bought jeans I went up a size so they would fit comfortably... if and when these jeans won't actually stay on me when they're "fresh", that's when I know that not only is the walking really working, but it's also time to buy new jeans.

My couch is still in the shop... and my living room looks so big and empty without it... it's so strange! Although I'm pretty sure that once I get it back I will have the same reaction I did when I first got it... that it seems huge...

I saw an escaped book on my walk this morning... this book actually. I was just going past the bus stop at the far end of Jeffcott Street and I noticed a book on the bench there, and on it were a couple of Book Crossing stickers, which made me smile. I probably would have picked it up had it not been for the fact that it was a Western. When I got home I checked it out online and found out that it's one of 350 recently escaped books in South Australia (although only 8 of those are in North Adelaide). I've thought about setting some of my books free via the whole Book Crossing thing, but I think I'm too much of a packrat. Plus I also wonder how many books actually end up just cooling their heels in Lost Property boxes instead of going on to bigger and better adventures like they're supposed to.

Because of all the walking I've been doing, my heels and the outside edges of my feet are all dry and cracking... much less attractive, I can tell you... so last week I got my hands on some really good stuff to sort it out... NS-8 Active Dry Skin Complex... it's supposed to be all natural and organic and whatnot, and on the plus side it does seem to be working. I just wish I could work out what the smell of it reminds me of... it's kind of a Christmasy smell... but I don't think that's actually what it reminds me of... and looking at the list of ingredients was no help, it's full of things with funky smells... Aloe Vera, Evening Primrose Oil, Witch Hazel, Menthol, Thyme, Sage, Ylang Ylang... so no help there. I just can't decide whether I actually LIKE the smell or not.

I close off today's ramble with a question... why is that old people feel the need to say good morning to people who are minding their own business, walking along, WEARING FRICKIN HEADPHONES! I went past an old guy who did that to me today... actually I think he did it to me a couple of times last week, possibly more, I don't know, I'm usually not paying attention. I didn't reply because first off I don't want to encourage him, and secondly he has to learn that there's no point in talking to people wearing headphones because they can't hear him... or choose to pretend they can't, which is pretty much the same thing really. Stoopid old people...

Current Mood: undecided

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

low riding boardies do it for me - whoa!!!!

cool photos,
marcus