camera club heritage costume shoot

bonython hall 2006Tonight was the Heritage Costume Shoot for Camera Club... I took 150 (digital) shots (a new record for me on my digital camera)... but not one shot was really of a model (although I did manage a couple of sneaky shots right at the beginning, just so I have a record of who the models were.

I've learned my lesson with these "costume shoots" at the club... even when I shot up to three rolls of film, I didn't really get anything you would call useful out of them. Partly because the costumes are shitty and partly because the people they put in the costumes usually just don't work. This time was no exception.

They took two very cute little raver boys and put them in tailcoats... one of them had multicoloured hair and the other one had a tongue piercing and raver bead bracelets on for the love of Benji... Don't get me wrong, they were as cute as all hell, and if they had been in their street clothes, I probably would have spent all afternoon shooting them, but in tailcoats... er, no... and thus, my film camera never saw the light of day.

south australian museum 2006Stu and I elected instead to wander up and down the North Terrace precinct, photographing "stuff"... which since it contains the University of Adelaide, the Art Gallery, the State Library and the Museum, wasn't really a bad call... all architectural detail and whatnot. And also, as an added bonus, after dark, all of those buildings get lit up by giant floodlights...

fountain - silver and gold 2006Of everything we photographed, we probably got the most distracted by this little fountain outside the Art Gallery... Stu especially, and we got lots and lots of shots of it.

We wandered around for about two and a half hours all up, and the two of us had fun... possibly more so because it was just the two of us... we did have a variety of hangers on at various times, but for the most part we were doing the double act thing we do so well.

What I decided I do need to do though is take myself (probably in conjunction with Ma) to the Art Gallery and Museum... I haven't been to either in a really long time and I think I'm probably overdue. Whether that will translate into a photo opportunity or not, I don't know, but I think it's worth a shot.

Because I got Stu to give me a ride into town, we stopped on the way back to my place so he could grab some food, and I have to say that the smell of his AB (if you have to ask, you're not ready to know...) really, really tested my "No eating after 8:30pm" rule... but I just enjoyed the smell of it and didn't partake.

Current Mood: tired by happy

No comments: