you can tell it's nearly christmas

Is it me, or do all the people who haven't bothered leaving the house for the rest of the year all decide to go out shopping in the weekends leading up to Christmas? And nobody looks where they're going... or gets out of the way... or they dawdle... it's so very annoying...

Can you tell I went shopping today?

I'd been shopping early on Thursday morning, seen a bunch of stuff I wanted to show Ma, plus booked in for an appointment to get my eyes tested at OPSM, and Ma had a work dinner thing in town tonight (I dropped her off earlier and then went to pick her up a little while ago), so there was no point in her going home again only to come all the way back into town.

The appointment at OPSM was fairly painless... "Does the screen look better or worse... better or worse... " etc, but my optometrist was a woman called Lorna from somewhere in England... and I know I don't do girl... but she could have just read me the phonebook... pretty pretty accent.

Anyway, looked at all the various frames, trying to find something that I liked (and wishing I'd actually shaved this morning instead of thinking I could last another day or so)... narrowed it down to three pairs, then kind of went through them one at a time to work out which ones I really liked.

And my final choice?

versace 1019 glassesVersace 1019 in Dark Brown (the same style as the pic, but darker) ...

I'm not even slightly a label queen... but my new eyeglasses are Versace... how cool is that!?

*does the "I have Versace eyeglasses" dance*

Okay, I don't have them yet... they still need to make them up, but I will have them by Christmas (and since they are a partial Christmas, partial (last) Birthday from Ma, that seems fitting). Too cool, too cool...

After the excitement of buying Versace, we ended up going from town down to Westfield Marion, because the Virgin store in Myer didn't have the DVD's we were after, specifically The Golden Girls, Season 1 (as part of the 3 for $50 deal... so $16.66 per DVD, not bad actually)... and it also meant that all the other places we were going to have to run around to get to were all there... Target, Kmart and the aforementioned Virgin. Strangely enough, most of the things we ended up looking at and buying were DVD's... its going to be a DVD Christmas, I can tell...

Anyway, after large amounts of wanted to either kill or mate with the general population (bottle blonde, tanned twins in matching department store uniforms... very, very, very tall and very skinny guy in a Target uniform... the dreadlocked, pierced eyebrowed, slightly docile boy from Virgin, who it turned out only had his left arm from the elbow up... he actually got extra hotness points for that... don't ask), and only spending about an hour and a half in the place, we called it a day... and I think that's the shortest length of time we've ever spent in Marion.

Large chunks of the afternoon was spent looking for the first two Harry Potter movies on DVD, and the only place we saw them was way back at the beginning of the morning in Myer... Don't you just hate that...

Current Mood: tired

3 comments:

Michael Guy said...

I heartily approve of the VERSACE frames; I need a new pair of frames myself. Thanks for the tip!

Sunshine said...

JB Hifi is great for a lot of those DVDs you were after. :) Hope you got what you needed!

yani said...

I always forget about JB... usually I only end up going in there AFTER I've actually already bought things... doesn't help that the only one I know of is downstairs, and so I don't just wander past it...

I also choose to blame you, Oh Sunshiney One, for bringing the Golden Girls DVD to my attention... and then I blame Myer for making it cheap...

:P