favicon

Okay... I need some help here... I decided I needed one of those personalised favicon things... you know, the little picture that preceeds the web URL.

I found a cool online generator of favicons, FavIcon from Pics, made my icon, uploaded it, added the code, did everything I was supposed to do...

But I don't see it... but I generally only see the favicons on other sites about half the time anyway... so it could just be me... it should look like this...

favicon urlIs it me, is it Blogger, can anyone else see it?

Help!

Current Mood: confused

8 comments:

jjd said...

I can't see it! I didn't even know that those things had a name or how to do it, so in short: I'm no help! :-)

good luck figuring it out, and then you can teach me too!

ghostlight said...

It only shows up when you add the site to your favorites. I just added the site to my favorites at work to test it out, and it showed up. :o) For those that already have you on their favorite list (like me), we might have to delete and readd for the favicon to show up. I'll test that theory when I'm at my home computer.

yani said...

"It only shows up when you add the site to your favorites."

Dur.... I'm so dumb... I should have thought of that... Thanks Greer... works perfectly...

*cackles and rubs hands together*

Sunshine said...

So is it meant to only show up as a link in your favourites? I can't see it on my address bar.

yani said...

Once it's a link in your favourites it should show up in the address bar too... if not, well, I dunno...

ghostlight said...

Once you place it in favorites, you just have to leave the site, then come back, and the favicon shows up in the address bar too. :o)

Joseph said...

I didn't even know you could use one of those when you had a blogspot site. Very nice!

yani said...

Makes two of us... that was part of the reason I wasn't sure it would work... :D