movies: wallace and gromit: the curse of the were-rabbit

wallace and gromit: the curse of the were-rabbit - something wicked this way hopsYep, tonight's movie was Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit!

I have to say, that while I'm quite fond of Aardman's other full length feature, Chicken Run, I've never really been what you would call a rabid Wallace and Gromit fan.

Until now...

The Curse of the Were-Rabbit is just fun... silly, and sometimes a little predictable, but lots and lots of fun. I laughed or chuckled most of the way through, and my Mum laughed even more than me, but whether that was just from the "Englishness" of the whole thing or not, I don't know.

I especially loved some of the little "in-jokes"... a grocers called "Harvey's", a shop called "Rare Bits" and a book on monsters by "Claude Savagely"... plus Lady T's carrot and corn inspired dresses...

And Gromit... he never says a word, but he has some of the best "acting" moments in the movie...

Then there's the bunnies... dawwwww... they're so cuuuuuuute! Its especially worth staying for the parade of anti-grav floating bunnies during the closing credit run. Bunny!

yani's rating: 4 golden carrots out of 5

No comments: