summer storm

sommersturmDamn! I wish I'd seen this movie advertised on SBS tonight... the second half or so that I caught was brilliant! Beautiful cinematography, like some kind of lush, vaguely erotic photograph.... even if some of it was to cover up the potential nude bits during the "sex scenes"... and that scene between Tobi and Leo on the dock... *fans self*. Yes, some of the plot was not only predictable... boy loves straight best friend, best friend freaks out, boy finds himself, everyone seems to end up happy... but in parts it was the stuff that we see in these kinds of coming out movies over and over and over and over, but the addition of the gay characters, plural, and the overall feel of this made it stand out from the crowd.

As my TV guide reviewer said "While at times this proves quite frank, the overall feeling is uplifting and positive. A decent German effort."

I just need to track it down on DVD now, I think.

And unfortunately, I don't speak or read a word of German, so the official site is pretty much an incomprehensible blur... and in Flash so I can't "decode" it at any of the translation websites either...

No comments: