maiden voyage...

Okay... here we are... I finally have a blog...

Not completely sure why yet... possibly something to do with my current mood, vaguely introspective and whatnot...

Had a massive cleaning fit today... needed to get part of the kitchen and the top of my dresser thingy CLEAN and organised... ended up going through a box that held a bunch of old receipts... not even interesting receipts... everything... from those statement ones you get at ATMs to supermarket ones to, well, everything... stuff on top of the box was five years old... stuff on the bottom... TEN YEARS OLD! Also found a bunch of stuff from my trip to Melbourne back in February 1998...

Weirdly there was stuff in there that really took me back... old friends, places, houses, times... just weird...

And now, except for a few "important" bits and pieces, its all on its way to the dump.

While I was cleaning up I also found the list of words my friend J and I found while having one of our long rambling conversations, and then would test each other on, to make sure we remembered the meanings... don't ask, its a thing we do... he's about the only person I know where a dictionary comes into play during a conversation on a regular basis...

So, we have... boondoggle, cadence, pauldron, catamite, excentric and oozle... which doesn't show up at dictionary.com, but my dictionary said means "to steal"...

And on an unrelated note... where the hell do these ants keep coming from... its not like its an invasion... its one at a time, slow and sneaky, like some kind of kamakazi scouting party... grrrr...

2 comments:

Adam said...

I hear you on the ants. I was sitting at a cafe today and discovered an ant crawling on my arm. Flicked it off. No big deal. Looked around to make sure I wasn't sitting on an anthill. I wasn't. About fifteen minutes later...another ant.

Sunshine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.