hold messages and changing plans

So... I get up this morning... Saturday... yaaaaah! Switch on the computer, connect to the net, check my email. All good.

Then I see a message from my ISP which includes the phrase "250MB remaining". Which is odd, because I've NEVER gotten one of these from my ISP before. Then I spot the second one, which says "125MB" remaining... Not good.

And they really shouldn't exist... they must have done something screwy, or messed up my plan or something when I extended at the end of last month...

I grab my mobile and call them... and get their relentlessly cheerful hold messages... "Your call is important to us, and has been placed in a queue, one of our operators will be with you shortly..." followed by static-y radio, followed after a while by the same message AGAIN... ad nauseum. After about four minutes of this on a mobile, I give up, hang up, disconnect from the net and call again on my landline. Which of course means that I get placed at the BACK of this mythical queue. It's 9AM on a Saturday morning for CHRISSAKES! How many people ARE there in this queue.

So I wander back and forth with the cordless phone, getting more and more frustrated, while the same idiotic recorded woman they've had for at least 5 years tells me that my call IS important to her. And you just KNOW she was a morning person... bitch...

Eventually I get through to a real person... Michael I think it was... and I explain myself... been with them forever, never gotten one of these message before, thought my plan had unlimited downloads, blah blah blah... Then he tells me... "Well, you've been downloading a lot this month so you're very close to the 2 gig limit"... then I remember... not only the 2 gig limit, which always sounded like a huge amount... but also the new Yahell group with lots of traffic. And the 30MB movie file I downloaded last night... crap.

So I get off the phone feeling like a shmuck... it wasn't them at all... it was me... and now I have to watch my useage until next Sunday... *sigh*

*goes to slink back under his rock*

No comments: